Sunday 29 December 2019

Chorizo, garlic and mushroom soup

Easy soup if you have left over chorizo, the kind that comes in a tube and is soft.
I had half a tube leftover.
This was going to be lunch so I did not have a lot of time. Still it was delightful starting at 9am and by 11am it was done.

Ingredients:
Soft chorizo
garlic sliced or crushed
mushrooms
puree tomatoes
chicken stock
paprika
salt and pepper
thyme
oregano
olive oil

I like this chorizo. Comes from Sunset Farms.
Put soup pot on the stove and turn up the heat. Add olive oil. Add chorizo and mix around a bit.
Add garlic slices, mix some more it should sizzle.
Add mushrooms. Mine were frozen leftover mushrooms so they were soggy. That was fine it will be a soup. I chopped them up before adding to pot.
More stirring.
Add chicken stock. Mine was frozen so I just added a bit at a time as it thawed. Once I had enough liquid I just put the rest in the fridge.
Add the herbs. Stir. Should be boiling by now. Turn the heat down.
Let it sit and simmer or turn it off and heat it up later.

Note:
There are no amounts here. I use what I have and I know what we like. If you like more mushrooms add them. Rather use veg. broth that will work. Want a thinner broth add more water or stock.
Prefer a soup that is not spicy, add another kind of sausage.

In the end you will have a delightful soup. Best part is you can add a small can of tomato paste to thicken it and use it as pasta sauce. I put the remainder in containers and freeze them for another day.

This soup is all about using left-overs and items that would normally go bad in fridge and have to be thrown away.


No comments:

Post a Comment