Tuesday 20 November 2018

A leftover lunch

This is it!
Today I have leftovers I hate to waste.
Roast Greek chicken thighs
little tomatoes that need to be eaten
mushrooms
leftover chicken fat and chicken jello from the chicken thighs
I made French bread from leftover pizza dough
that should be enough but I will add a pack of brie cheese baked because we are piggies.

I started with melted oil in skillet, added chopped garlic and basil and added whole tomatoes, don't cut them up.
When skins started to wrinkle they were done. I added shredded chicken to the mix and some paprika sprinkled on that.
Next sliced mushrooms to a new pan. Butter in pan, add mushrooms and fresh thyme and let them go until brown. Don't have to stir them, just tip them over a bit to brown.
Next using the chicken jello and additional mushrooms made soup. The chicken jello was loaded with garlic and lemon. I added a piece of hot pepper and called it hot and sour mushroom soup.
Brie, stuck some rosemary and garlic in the top and baked it until soft.
So all of it could go on the bread or get dipped in bread and eaten separately. It's really nice to have leftovers.
What was left.



No comments:

Post a Comment